Technical Release Manager (010712)
Do you have experience in a Development/Dev Ops Engineer role? Smart Solutions is searching for a Technical Release Manager for a partner of ours in Madison, WI. This opportunity is a 100% remote contract that includes our comprehensive benefits package, with the option for PTO!
- Accountable for: creating, managing and maintaining the specifics of a predetermined Release Schedule
- Collaborate with leadership and customers to understand their perspectives of balancing speed and risk.
- Collaborate with development, quality assurance, operations, support and infrastructure teams to maintain high-quality deployment artifacts as they move through the entire deployment pipeline
- Identify and helps to implement opportunities for automating operations activities that slow the delivery process
- Responsible of all release activities within the implementation of a given project
- Communicate implementation plans, status, and issues to I/S management levels
- Gather application and component (infrastructure) data required for release
- Prepare implementation plan, review with project teams and stakeholders including contact lists, communication, back out, and prod verification
- Execute implementation plan during the final change to prod window and communicate status during deployments and prod verification
- Gather and coordinate post implementation issue resolutions and communication
- Accountable for developing, process improvements and training of standard release processes, including deployment schedules
- Identify areas of risk/conflict within and across multiple releases and work with project teams to mitigate issues
- Influence parallel development strategies including branching, merging, and version management
- Develop deployment workflows including prerelease, release, and post-release steps
- 3 years of experience required in Development/DevOps Engineer role
- Experience managing implementations with many system integrations/dependencies
- Strong engineering experience in DevOps, Continuous Delivery & automation including Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, CloudBees Jenkins, GitLab
- Hands on experience in virtualization and containerization with Docker and Kubernetes
- 3 years of experience with Python or similar languages
- 5 years of experience with Git distributed version control system.
- Atlassian Suite implementation knowledge JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket for release scope and communication.
Does this sound like the project for you? If so, apply today!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action plan.