Do you have what it takes to take on this opportunity in Madison, Wisconsin? If so, Smart Solutions is seeking a Systems Administrator skilled in both Microsoft and Windows to work on a server team. The incumbent hired into this role will implement software, perform system upgrades, evaluate and install new frameworks, operating systems, and server applications. He or she will also handle software troubleshooting. This engagement is a long-term opportunity offering a comprehensive benefits package (along with the option for paid time off).
Please note, the typical work hours for this position are Monday to Friday daytime hours. However, up to 40% of the work will happen when the systems are not in use (evenings from 5 PM to 9:30 PM and Wednesday/Sunday mornings from 4 AM to 6 AM). These off-hour windows do not happen every week, but the incumbent hired into this role must be able to work within these windows.
- Perform Hardware and Firmware Revving and Patching on VM hosts/Dell servers
- ESXi maintenance and patching
- Open tickets and respond to incidents
- Perform VMWare tool upgrades
- Respond to DIMM memory failures
- Repair hardware issues
Core Technologies and Tools:
- VMWare 6.5 and higher
- Windows Servers 2012/2016
- Basic networking knowledge
- Oracle/Linux 7 or higher
- Dell OpenManage
- Dell SupportAssist
- Active directory
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience with listed core duties (please see above)
- Willingness and aptitude to handle secondary responsibilities that may be assigned
- Ability to work independently, utilizing expertise and best judgment
- Solid collaboration and self-management skills
- Work effectively in a team
- Displays initiative and creative thinking to learn new skills
- Ability to identify issues, respond, and know when to escalate
- Powershell Scripting and Exchange Administration
- DHCP and Group Policy Management
If this sounds the right opportunity for you, please apply now, and one of our dedicated recruiters will be in touch.
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.