As a Sr Strategic Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful initiation, planning, development, administration, risk management, implementation, control, and closure of single or multiple large sized projects across multiple business units.
This is a long-term Contract role, including full benefits and possibility of extension until mid-2026
Location: Madison, WI
- Understands the overall project portfolio and tracks project interdependencies as well as identifies and manages portfolio-level risks.
- Determines specific business needs and deliverables of a project, and, utilizing project management tools, establishes and manages the costs, resources, performance measurements, timeline, and technical objective required to complete the project and meet the expected project outcome.
- Monitors technical and business developments that may affect a project, and determines the direction and implementation of a project.
- Determines appropriate project resource and staffing skillsets.
- Manages applicable project contracts in conjunction with sourcing personnel.
- Prepares Requests for Proposals (RFPs), evaluates responses, participates in negotiations, interprets contract language, and handles finances.
- Responsible for development and execution of communication and stakeholder management plans related to projects, including the development and reporting of project status, risks and progress to stakeholders in an agreed to format, frequency, material content, and audience of the communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- 5 years of experience in project management managing medium to large sized, complex projects
- Ability to organize large project plans and effectively document accordingly.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and team skills.
- Ability to develop and apply performance measures.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
If you are interested, apply today!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.