Are you an experienced Construction Project Manager in the solar industry? Is a job that gets you on the road and outdoors appealing to you? If so, this role may be for you!
As a Solar Construction Project Manager, you will be the eyes and ears of the manager who is not able to be on-site. You will provide an independent view of what is happening by monitoring and reporting back on the daily activities of the contractors performing the hands-on work.
This is a contract role (with full benefits) with the possibility of extension.
Travel Required: You will be required to travel to the solar farm sites.
Work Hours: Average work week is 50 hours M-F, with some Saturdays as needed.
- Provide onsite management for project implementation of large-scale construction projects.
- Complete contractor evaluations and selection.
- Track projects against schedules, report statuses to management and customer on a regular basis and implement processes.
- Perform startup, performance and environmental compliance testing.
- Ensure the execution and practive of all safety policies and procedures of employees and promote safety culture.
- Develop project Punch List and ensure Punch List completion.
- Ensure the quality of construction through continuous monitoring of the construction and installation using Quality Control processes.
You Will Have:
- Valid driver’s license
- 8+ years of progressive professional experience in renewable energy/solar construction
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Specific experience in wind, solar and/or storage implementation
- Expert knowledge of cost control philosophy and methodologies, estimating, change management and document control procedures
- Experience in large electric construction, gas and electric operations and project management
- Demonstrated financial skills: developing a budget, interpreting and understanding financial reports and financial evaluations
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with labor union management
If you are interested, please apply today!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.