Smart Solutions is searching for a Software Engineer II to play a vital role in expediting a large Madison, WI organization’s development delivery times. The DevOps Toolchain team supports Software Engineers by providing a modern toolset and expertise in automation. We are the automation specialists who make automated testing and deployment swift, simple, and stable. You will work closely with Software Engineers, Systems Engineers, and Security Professionals to build flexible and robust software delivery pipelines to support a variety of modern technology stacks. Companywide, there are currently direct-hire positions available to accommodate a wide range of experience in DevOps from entry-level to leadership positions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Daily standup meeting to address progress and impediments
- Develop new automation enabling the development teams to test automatically, package, deploy and monitor a new application
- Guide a cross-functional project team discussion to plan for the implementation of a new automation request
- Document new process improvements to optimize and automate an administrative setup task
- Discuss an idea to simplify the automated deployment process with your Software Engineering peers
- Quickly identify pitfalls and devise strategies to overcome them
- Utilize some or all of the following tools:
- Software Technologies: Python, Java, React, .NET, Go, SQL, NoSQL
- Platform Technologies: OpenShift, RHEL, Centos, Kafka, ELK stack, Nagios/Icinga2
- Development Tools: Jira, GitLab, Nexus, SonarQube
- Automation: Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Bash
- Associates degree (or higher) or 2+ years of professional work experience
- 1+ years of experience in software development or testing
- Understanding of software development practices, and tools
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and tools
- Knowledge of one more programming languages used by the team; knowledge of software testing practices and tools.
- Ability to travel as needed for company needs and professional development; ability to work nights and weekends as needed for system implementations and resolving system problems
- Understanding of business analysis practices and business process modeling
- Keen problem-solving techniques
Would you like to learn more about this opportunity? Apply to connect with one of our Senior Technical Recruiters today!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.