Senior Web Designer (010512)
Senior Web Designer
If web design is your jam, let’s chat! We seek a highly motivated and capable Senior Web Designer who will assist in our partner’s website redesign project. This organization is in the midst of a website redesign project that requires a senior web designer to work alongside our software application team to achieve our goals. The ideal candidate for this project needs to be a hands-on professional with a strong knowledge of content management platforms and translate the business needs into client-friendly functions that will expand its influence. The incumbent will be responsible for helping with updating current online applications.
The anticipated duration for this project is through June 30, 2021, with possible extensions. Initially, this position will be a remote position due to COVID-19, but when the organization opens back up, the consultant may be required to be on-site in Madison, WI.
We are looking for:
- A back-end developer who will primarily be responsible for back-end/module development
- Ability to write custom Drupal 9 modules (to port the existing integrations and add to them over time)
- Capacity to operate somewhat independently, think critically, and align to our vision and mission and follow-through on solutions to completion
What Skills We Need:
- 4 to 6+ years of back-end development experience with developing web solutions in Drupal and PHP implementations in a LAMP environment
- Design and construct web pages/sites, including incorporating graphic user interface (GUI) features and other techniques
- Ability to maintain and provide an ongoing design of the website, promos and ad banners, seasonal content specials, and custom chat launcher design for partners
- Ability to architect enterprise Drupal solutions, including data, display, and information architecture
- Advanced site-building experience, including deep familiarity with Drupal modules such as Views, Workbench, and Webform
- Experience creating custom Drupal modules (preference of Drupal 8/9 knowledge)
- Familiar with the Drupal theme layer
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to Agile or iterative SDLCs
- Experience with Git as a version control system
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks and a wide degree of creativity and latitude
Reasons to Apply:
- A fantastic company culture that is employee-oriented and dedicated to your growth both professionally and personally
- Competitive salary and benefits including Paid Time Off, Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance, 401(k) and FSA, Short / Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Challenging and rewarding work experience
- Reliable, inspiring, and supportive work culture
- Long-lasting relationships with both clients and consultants
Madison is home to the Wisconsin Badgers and consistently ranked as one of the best cities to live, work, and play! Culturally diverse, bustling, and thriving, Madison is a great place to live and grow – personally and professionally!
Interested candidates, please send your resume to apply today! For more information, please visit our website at www.smart-solutions.com.
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action plan.