Are you a strong Business/IT Program Manager? If you enjoy learning assigned business functions, processes and systems and have strong leadership skills to drive results, then this role may be for you!
As a Reinsurance Program Manager, you will effectively lead programs and projects to achieve defined business outcomes and create a high performing team of business, IT and third-party stakeholders to initiate, design, and deliver people, process and technology solutions. You will also serve as a primary point of contact for business sponsors and other business stakeholders and for project status and budget reporting and facilitating strong partnerships with third-party contributors to manage project schedules, risks and issues.
This is a 2-year contract position, including full benefits.
Location: Hybrid (New York or Sun Prairie), may need to be in the office 1-2 times a week.
Travel: Some travel possible.
- Instill best practice methodologies and tools into project execution activities, adhering to established
- Follow Project Management framework standards and ensuring that all defined approvals are obtained
- Ensure that a quality business case is developed and oversee the development of estimates, benefit commitments, and overall project costs including contingency.
- Monitor the project budget, providing updated monthly forecasts and communicating potential budget overruns.
- Maintain effective communication within the project team, and external to the project team, including producing accurate project status reports, decision logs and other project and meeting documentation to ensure team alignment and to drive forward progress. Escalate project risks and issues as appropriate.
- Maintain a quality project schedule, collaborating with third-party contributors, to ensure an accurate forecast of resource demand and project costs. Leverage best practice scheduling tactics to monitor project progress and critical path dependencies.
- Manage budgeted resources by anticipating expenditures, accurately forecasting resource needs/costs and properly accounting for expenses to meet requirements and achieve fiscal responsibility
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience delivering and managing multi-year, complex programs
- Insurance industry experience
- Change Management experience
- Expert knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Thorough understanding of the business drivers and factors driving change in the information technology and insurance industry
- Working knowledge of information technology environments, solutions, plans, and strategies
- Working knowledge of systems development lifecycle
- Identify and articulate improvement opportunities and translate them into tangible business deliverables
- Anticipate obstacles, estimate time and resources needed for the completion of a project
- Conduct gap analysis of current state and desired future state
- Coach and encourage employees towards continuously improving performance and mentor team with feedback, on-the-job skill enhancement opportunities and career advice
If you are interested, please apply today!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.