Are you an experienced project manager with a background in the transportation industry? Have you worked on large scale IT projects before? If so, then this role may be for you!
As a project Manager, you will be responsible for the oversight and initiation, development, administration, risk management, implementation, control, and closure of single or multiple projects for the company.
This is a Contract, including full benefits and possibility of extension
Location: Hybrid in Madison, WI or Cedar Rapids, IA
- Performs basic to complex project management assigned work including understanding customer (internal and external) needs, selecting, scheduling and coordinating all internal and external resources.
- Oversees field engineering resources in the design and implementation of construction and maintenance work.
- Ensures customer interactions associated with other processes are handled promptly and efficiently.
- Works with operations staff to manage the construction phase of projects.
- Accountable for performance measurements, standards of associated processes, and utilization of information to improve process (e.g. cost control, scheduling execution, safety, etc.) across the business unit. Assists in evaluating and developing standards.
- Complies with accountabilities outlined in corporate procedures. Understands and enforces rules set by regulatory bodies as applicable (i.e. FAR, AAR, DOT, OSHA, DNR, etc.).
- Understands, interprets, and manages contracts with contract service providers. Maintains excellent relationships with contractors and effectively utilizes contractor crews.
- 5 years of experience in transportation (operations preferred) or project management, or related work
- Previous experience managing a team of people in a team leader environment or as a project leader
- Experience managing large scale Information Technology projects
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile Information Technology software development methodologies
- Understanding of utility operations related to electric distribution systems
- Understanding of distribution management software systems (DMS)
- Understanding of the business processes related to distributed energy resource management (DERM)
- Understanding of distributed energy resource management software systems (DERMS)
If you are interested, apply today!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.