.NET Web Developer II (010480)
Smart Solutions is seeking an ambitious .NET Developer for a project scheduled until the end of June 2021 with the possibility for extension in Madison, WI. The .NET Developer hired into this role will support the IT systems that monitor Wisconsin’s wildlife with trail cameras. If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your technical skills, apply today!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Programming in C#/ASP.NET to build and perform SQL operations to enhance and maintain the project’s web applications
- Perform change requests for the project’s web application built in the ASP.NET framework
- Conduct regular maintenance of web applications to reduce defects and improve performance.
- Update web applications to improve usability and reduce user errors and perform SQL operations to query database and visualize results within web applications
- Development of new features within the existing IT system:
- Build new functionality and tools to streamline data collection and analysis
- Suggest and implement new tools/technologies to this end using the approved project technology stack
- Testing of IT system enhancements:
- Implement test plans to verify new features, enhancements, and defect fixes
- Documentation and troubleshooting volunteers and research staff issues related to Snapshot IT systems:
- Regular updates to the project’s IT documentation to ensure maintainability and business continuity
- Solve day-to-day problems related to the IT infrastructure and the photo storage system
- Additional duties, as needed
- 5+ years of professional experience working on .NET framework and programming in C#
- Ability to follow the organization’s standards and procedures for management and versioning of source code, file management, and change management processes
- Experience looking out for security concerns or issues when developing applications and follow security-related protocols (as applications must be built and supported in compliance with Federal and State requirements)
- Education or training in application development
- Experience with SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, IMS, ASP.NET, and Visual Studio
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle or a similar relational database
- Background working with user requirements and translating them into working computer-based products
- Exceptional software debugging skills
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Experience documenting software applications and code
- Prior experience in building desktop applications
- Expertise working with large datasets
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the software development lifecycle and agile methodology
- Experience building and scheduling remote batch jobs
- Background in designing web user interface (UI) or user experiences (UX)
- Project Management
- Scrum experience
Why Should You Apply?
- A fantastic company culture that is employee-oriented and dedicated to your growth both professionally and personally
- Competitive salary and benefits including Paid Time Off, Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance, 401(k) and FSA, Short / Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Challenging and rewarding work experience
- Reliable, inspiring, and supportive work culture
- Long-lasting relationships with both clients and consultants
Madison is home to the Wisconsin Badgers and consistently ranked as one of the best cities to live, work, and play! Culturally diverse, bustling, and thriving, Madison is a great place to live and grow – personally and professionally!
Interested candidates, please send your resume to apply today! For more information, please visit our website at www.smart-solutions.com.
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action plan.