Are you looking to continue in your career as a Cloud Engineer? Do you have an array of skills that will help you succeed in an Agile, DevOps culture? If so, this role may be for you!
As a Jr. Cloud Data Engineer, you will design and implement systems on Public Cloud infrastructure to deliver more analytical and business value from a wide range of data sources and work with the team to design and develop high-performance, resilient, automated data pipelines and applications.
This is a contract role (with full benefits).
Location: Greater Boston Area
- Build and maintain server less data pipelines in terabyte scale using AWS and GCP services.
- Integrate new data sources from enterprise sources and external vendors using a variety of ingestions patterns, including streams, SQL ingestion, file, and API.
- Work to develop and enhance the data architecture of the new environment, including recommending optimal schemas, storage layers, and database engines.
- Develop and implement data quality rules and logic across integrated data sources.
- Develop real-time data ingestion from a range of data integration sources, including business systems, external vendors and partners, and enterprise sources.
You Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Exposure to working with datasets with high volume of records or objects
- Intermediate level programming experience in Python and SQL
- One year working with Spark or other distributed computing frameworks (Hadoop and Cloudera)
- Exposure to AWS services, including S3, Lambda, Redshift, DynamoDB, or Athena
- 2+ years with relational databases (PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle)
- Experience with data file formats like Apache Parquet and Avro
- Exposure to Machine Learning tools and practices, including DataRobot or Sagemaker
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform services (BigQuery, Cloud storage, Cloud Functions, Cloud Composer, Pub/Sub, and others
- Familiar with streaming technologies (Amazon Kinesis and Kafka)
- Experience with caching and search engines (ElasticSearch and Redis)
If you are interested, please apply today!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.