IT Business Analyst (010478)
Smart Solutions has an opening for an IT Business Analyst in beautiful Madison, WI. The IT Business Analyst will have a substantial impact by bringing five or more years of business requirements induction, documentation, stakeholder communication, requirements verification, testing, quality assurance, and data analysis projects (this is not an ETL Developer role). This role is a six-month-long, full-time position offering a comprehensive benefit plan (with the option for paid time off!).
- Act as an engaged analyst willing to participate in and actively document different aspects of the project lifecycle
- Plan and lead meetings with technical, business, and operational data owners from a wide array of backgrounds
- Coordinate and communicate between business users and the business intelligence team
- Maintain the balance between business requirements and user expectations throughout the entire project
- Strive for a profound understanding of customers’ business drivers
- Document and speak competently to business objectives, gaps, needs, and problems
- Leverage the knowledge and materials to help the IT team devise product and process solutions
- Works closely with business users to document business processes by focusing on specific business user needs
- Including how data is to be summarized, used in day to day operations, and formatted in reports and dashboards
- Assists the IT team to create ad-hoc documentation, including business requirements, charter contributions, data flow diagrams, issue papers, options documents, report and dashboard criteria, and more
- Develops and executes business scenario test plans and test cases to meet functional requirements; identifies and logs issues and manages through to resolution by working with the appropriate project resources
- Works independently and with team members to understand database structure, business process, and the correlation between the two
- 5+ years of true Business Analyst experience (not PM experience)
- 5+ years of experience with process mapping current state and future state processes in MS Visio
- 4+ years of process improvement experience
- 4+ years of expertise with data flow diagramming, requirements gathering for a data warehouse, and participating in design reviews
- Effectively use the experience as a liaison between business users and technologists to drive requirements into design, development, system testing, UAT, and product deployment
- Demonstrate ability to communicate test results and possesses powerful analytical and organizational skills focusing on the QA test process and its relationship to producing a quality end product
- Comfortable in an intricate data environment with a solid understanding of data structures
- Capacity to convey work and results to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders from technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Independently perform a variety of complicated tasks
- Background working in a BA/QA capacity on data warehouse and business intelligence projects
- Familiarity with QA methodologies, testing techniques, and BI development lifecycles
- Experience with Kimball
Why Should You Apply?
- A fantastic company culture that is employee-oriented and dedicated to your growth both professionally and personally
- Competitive salary and benefits including Paid Time Off, Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance, 401(k) and FSA, Short / Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Challenging and rewarding work experience
- Reliable, inspiring, and supportive work culture
- Long-lasting relationships with both clients and consultants
Madison is home to the Wisconsin Badgers and consistently ranked as one of the best cities to live, work, and play! Culturally diverse, bustling, and thriving, Madison is a great place to live and grow – personally and professionally!
Interested candidates, please send your resume to apply today! For more information, please visit our website at www.smart-solutions.com.
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action plan.