Are you an experienced Information and Data Security leader who prides themselves on building and supporting empowered, engaged, and effective teams? Are you known for your knowledge and experience in leading, implementing and improving enterprise security? Do you support and encourage professional development, information sharing, and cross-training amongst staff? If so, this role may be for you!
As an Information Security Director you will provide vision and leadership for developing and supporting the strategy of operation direction for enterprise security.
This is a direct-hire position.
Please Note: Ability to commute to Madison, WI office to support and lead staff is preferred, as needed.
- Direct the Information Security department.
- Develop, motivate, train and retain competent staff, ensuring that an internal training program is maintained.
- Ensure an appropriate distribution of workload and maintain complete and appropriate staffing.
- Collaborate with the business and across technology areas to identify current and/or potential security risks and develop, implement, drive and optimize security solutions, methodologies, polices and/or practices.
- Weigh business needs against security concerns and make recommendations.
- Ensure effective enterprise perimeter and host-based defense services.
- Lead audit efforts impacting IT department.
You Will Have:
- MCSE, CCNA, CISSP, GSEC certification or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in data security management and overseeing security systems and practices
- 5+ years of related management experience, with at least 5 years leading information security functions
- Knowledge of technology environments
- Extensive knowledge of MS Exchange, active directory administration, networking and security issues and techniques
- Experience in security compliance relating to HIPAA policies and procedures
If you are interested, please apply today!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.