Smart Solutions is searching for an Information Security Consultant who will deliver security assessments to decrease existing and future security hazards. He or she will also propose security controls for both short term and long-term solutions working closely with application development teams, infrastructure teams, and internal security teams. This opportunity will require collaboration with various partners across the globe, and the right candidate can work from Madison, WI or NewYork, NY.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and needs; ensuring information security standards are included in all aspects of the SDLC; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments
- Align standards, frameworks, and security with overall business and technology strategy
- Improve security requirements based on the criteria for software developments
- Help develop processes that will improve the administration of day-to-day tasks
- Produce solutions that balance business requirements with information and cybersecurity requirements
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses
Skills and Experience Needed:
- 5+ years of recent experience working directly in an Information Security consulting role
- Exceptional understanding of security in a cloud environment, preferably MS Azure
- Experience collaborating with Application Development and Project teams
- Broad experience in information security and IT risk management with a focus on safety, performance, and reliability
- Experience in developing reference security architecture
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization, and security
- Solid understanding of industry-recognized information security frameworks such as ISO 27001 and NIST 800-53
- Knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as business acumen and a commercial outlook
Are you interested in this role? If so, apply today and let the odds forever be in your favor!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.