Information Security Consultant (10667)
Smart Solutions is partnering with a large, multi-site organization in Madison, WI, to find the best Information Security Consultant in town. This position is 100% remote with full benefits (including the option for paid time off!). If you are looking for a new information security role, please apply today!
- Deliver security assessments to mitigate existing and future security risks
- Propose security controls for both short term and long-term solutions in an Insurance company working closely with application development teams, infrastructure teams, and internal security teams.
- Collaboration with various partners
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements
- Ensure information security standards are included in all aspects of software development life cycle
- Conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments
- Study architecture/platform
- Identify integration issues
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
- Develop security requirements based on the standards for software developments
- Help develop processes that will improve handling of day-to-day tasks.
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses
- Represent security at Architecture review board for all application development
- Work within projects at an application as well as cloud infrastructure level.
- Gap Analysis of cybersecurity regulations including NYDFS, CA, VT, SC, and GDPR
Minimally qualified candidates must have the following:
- 5+ years experience working directly in Information Security consulting role.
- Excellent understanding of security in a cloud environment, preferably Microsoft Azure.
- Experience collaborating with Application Development and Project teams
- Extensive experience in information security and/or IT risk management with a focus on security, performance and reliability
- Experience in developing reference security architecture
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization and security
- Solid understanding of industry recognized information security frameworks such as ISO 27001 and NIST CSF
- Good working knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain and enforce security measures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as business acumen and a commercial outlook
Madison is home to the Wisconsin Badgers and consistently ranked as one of the best cities to live, work, and play! Culturally diverse, bustling, and thriving, Madison is a great place to live and grow – personally and professionally!
Interested candidates, please send your resume to apply today! For more information, please visit our website at www.smart-solutions.com.
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action plan.