Help Desk Support (10665)
Smart Solutions is searching for a Help Desk Support professional for a short-term contract opportunity in Beloit, WI. Do you like troubleshooting and solving support issues? Do you have experience troubleshooting multiple device formats? If so, this could be the opportunity for you! Please review the job description below, and if everything sounds like a match, please apply today! Smart Solutions offers our consultants a comprehensive benefits package.
Please note, this role is currently a 3 month contract role with an immediate need. The incumbent hired into this role would be helping to eliminate a helpdesk ticket backlog.
- Provides support to end-users on various issues, such as identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems
- Responds to telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the situation to ensure a timely resolution
- Communicates with teammates and adequately documents all issues
- As needed, provides support for desktops, hardware, and applications using past desktop technology experience with MacBook Pros, Windows operating suite, desktop applications, printers/copiers/scanners, and wireless devices like Apple iPads, Android cell phones, and WIFI issues
- Set up PCs – Including loading software and mapping drives
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Building on the fly, rather than imaging
- VDI – Virtual Desk Tops
- Experience in a Help Desk role or a similar role
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policies
- Familiarity with building machines and laptops
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the IT space
- Understanding of commonly-used concepts, techniques, and methods within the Help Desk department
- Ability to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Ability to drive between different locations to service helpdesk tickets (with mileage reimbursement)
Additional Helpful Experience:
- Fluent with VMs and VDI
If interested, please apply now!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.