Do you understand the concepts and methods inherent to the geospatial technology discipline in relation to automated tool building and integration with other technology and scientific disciplines? Do you have excellent organization, analytical and communication skills? If so, this role may be for you!
As a Geospatial Solutions Developer you will plan, construct, implement and document Geographic Information System (GIS) related tools and data components.
This is a contract role, including full benefits and the possibility of extension.
Location: Madison, WI
Please Note: You must live in Wisconsin and be vaccinated or agree to and comply with weekly COVID testing in order to be considered for this position.
- Apply knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
- Evaluate user requests for new or modified programming.
- Consult with users to identify current and future business objectives.
- Capture requirements using industry and enterprise standard GIS development frameworks and tools.
- Convert project specifications into sequences of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding
You Will Have:
- Two years of relevant professional experience
- At least four years of creating, editing and maintaining spatial data layers
- Experience with data structures and algorithms for tracing, topology and spatial operations
- At least three years of experience designing java web applications
- Experience with the following technologies:
- ARC GIS Desktop development using .NET
- Geoprocessing tool – Python scripting
- GIS Web Arc Server, GIS Web Mapping, GIS Web Services
- Oracle 19c
- .NET (MS)
- Java Hibernate Framework, Java Spring Framework, Java Struts Framework
If you are interested, please apply today!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.