Do you have a background using GIS Software? Are you looking to take your skills to their next fun and exciting environment? If so, this role may be for you!
As a Geographic Information System Technician, you will perform visual and computer quality control checks on facility and/or land base data and using editor tool, make corrections, close and map backlog work orders.
This is a contract role (with full benefits) with the possibility of extension.
Location: 100% Remote
- Compare source documents to products and information shipped from conversion vendor or field offices.
- Using quality assurance and editor tool, enter data, reconcile errors, verify validity of information, and assign attribute information as appropriate.
- Assign phasing notation to map product utilizing switch diagram and information, material information, etc. as provided.
- Perform data entry, functions related to cleanup and ongoing data maintenance of utility facilities.
- Operate computer peripheral equipment as specified in operations documentation
- Maintain documentation of the conversion/post-conversion equipment tools.
- Maintain switch diagrams and maps from material tickets and Construction Management System (CMS) work order, map, sketch, etc.
- GIS Software experience – ArcFm and/or ArcMap
- Utilities background with GIS (energy or O&G)
- Computer skills (MS Suites)
- Experiencing editing, versioning, editing job cards, posting drawings and work orders into the system
- 4 years’ experience in utility construction, engineering work and/or mapping Other Requirements
- Understanding and knowledge of electric, gas, water and land base components and systems.
- Familiarity and understanding of pole area maps, underground area maps, gas maps, water maps, and switch diagrams.
If you are interested, please apply today!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.