Do you have desktop support experience and can provide excellent customer service? Are you able to adjust to rapidly changing priorities? If so, this role may be for you!
As a Desktop Engineer you will provide customer service and support, endpoint administration and engineering, security, and end user training and communication. You will be the go-to person for computer hardware and software needs and responsible for the intake of work through the Help Center. Additionally, you’ll provide resolution to desktop requests and troubleshooting technology issues.
This is a direct hire role, including full benefits.
Location: Onsite in Madison, WI
- Provide help desk coverage, responding to and logging inquiries, triaging tickets
- Responsible for coordination and execution of technology moves associate with reorgs or individual staff moves
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after hours support
- Participate and/or lead small to mid-sized internal technical projects following project management methodologies
- Install, configure, and deploy computers, peripherals and mobile devices
- Create, test, and deploy computer images using Windows Deployment Server (WDS) or other deployment tools
- Manage fleet of multi-functional devices and maintain inventory of company technology assets
- Perform application installs and upgrades through manual processes and/or use of pre-defined install packages through automation tools
- Create, test, and deploy Windows patches using Windows Server Update Services
- Research and deploy security updates for a variety of applications based on vulnerability assessments
- Utilize security-based tools and processes to conduct forensics on workstations in the event of a security incident
- Deliver technical training to new hires and/or existing staff on a variety of technologies available
- Create technical communication in the form of intranet posts, knowledgebase articles, and email
- Associates degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relative experience
- 2+ years’ experience in hands-on computer support for a variety of endpoint devices
- 2+ years’ experience in a customer service environment
- Strong technical background supporting Microsoft products and a variety of applications
- 2+ years’ experience supporting and troubleshooting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong initiative; able to work both independently using individual judgement and minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience writing technical material to non-technical audiences
If you are interested, please apply today!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.