Data Engineer (010477)
Smart Solutions is searching for a Data Engineer for a long-term contract opportunity located in Madison, WI (ane will be a remote role until after COVID-19.) Under general supervision and direction of AppsDev Supervisor, the Data Engineer is responsible for creating criminal history data infrastructure with complete documentation of metadata, business rules, and technical details. There is currently a project underway to improve criminal history data. The Data Engineer will play a critical role in capturing data documentation through reverse engineering, interviews, and detailed documentation of all data elements related to the criminal history data repository. The organization is implementing a new data management tool. In this position, the Data Engineer will create and maintain a change management process to use the tool and new strategies for all data documentation purposes.
- Partner with the Chief Data Officer, data owners, technical staff, and project manager to develop project proposals, scope documents, process flow diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams, user stories, coding specifications, test plans, and occasionally assist with training documentation.
- Contribute to a large project that will be essential in building data foundations to provide more data services across the department and elevates the organization’s data maturity level
- Collaborate with various teams to build and maintain positive professional relationships and serve as a data management ambassador in the department
- Data dictionary and business glossary creation and implementation
- Roll out data management tool implementation
- Lead the creation of criminal history metadata infrastructure
- Create project management artifacts for data dictionary
- Provide service ownership
- 5+ years of management or leadership experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability to partner with customers to solve business challenges while balancing the need for confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- 5+ years of experience in business analysis to gather technical and functional requirements relating to reporting
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability to work effectively with customers to solve business challenges while balancing the need for confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Extensive experience working with specific hardware and software systems, engineering data flows in applications and various reporting tools, ability to design, analyze, and troubleshoot IT at a systems level
- Solid communication skills with both technical and non-technical users to explain IT solutions
- Ability and willingness to understand and execute the department’s project management methodology
- Top-notch understanding of IT, enterprise software implementation, and related infrastructure components
- Expertise with database design and with data warehousing and business intelligence
- 5+ years of experience working with the criminal justice system or the state government
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Programming or related field with 1 to 3 years of computer programming experience or a combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Data Management Professional Certification
- Database Tuning and Maintenance knowledge to assure the highest level of system availability and performance
Why Should You Apply?
- A fantastic company culture that is employee-oriented and dedicated to your growth both professionally and personally
- Competitive salary and benefits including Paid Time Off, Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance, 401(k) and FSA, Short / Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Challenging and rewarding work experience
- Reliable, inspiring, and supportive work culture
- Long-lasting relationships with both clients and consultants
Madison is home to the Wisconsin Badgers and consistently ranked as one of the best cities to live, work, and play! Culturally diverse, bustling, and thriving, Madison is a great place to live and grow – personally and professionally!
Interested candidates, please send your resume to apply today! For more information, please visit our website at www.smart-solutions.com.
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action plan.