Smart Solutions is searching for a Linux Engineer who can be an addition to a collaborative, close-knit team. The ideal candidate is a “jack of all trades” when it comes to Linux, C/C#, SQL Databases, and some basic networking. However, he or she must be open to working on manufacturing floors and being very hands-on.
This position will require candidates to be on-site during COVID-19 restrictions. However, proper safety measures and distancing will be in place and is very important to the organization. Once the Linux Engineer finishes training, there will be opportunities to work from home.
We are looking for direct hire or a contract to hire candidates (corp to corp candidates will not be considered at this time).
- Set up and configure control system computers and equipment
- Install Linux operating systems
- Administer and configure Linux, such as networking, firewall, and users
- Generate new database entries and configuration files for unique systems
- Modify and upgrade existing databases and configuration files
- Commission and troubleshoot control systems; test I/O system functionality
- Diagnose wiring errors and other defects
- Verify software configuration, including safety interlocks
- Provide customer training and support (email and phone)
- Write small programs and scripts to augment the existing control system for customer needs
- Perform on-site installation, testing, and training at locations around the world
- Assist in the development of electronics that will interface with products
- Linux and Bash/TCL
- C/C# Development
- SQL Database Development
- Experience in electronic circuitry (OHM’s Law) and manufacturing experience
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, please apply now, and one of our Senior Technical Recruiters will be in touch.
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.