Are you comfortable being the point person for data architecture? Are you able to promote clarity and efficiency in using data to drive decision-making? If so, then this role may be for you!
As a Business Intel Architect, you will improve enterprise data systems and software, implement the enterprise data strategy, and provide assistance with data tools, data integration, and data automation. Your tasks will mostly be around data strategy, customer service, and documentation, with the other being data analytics and software administration/support.
This is a Contract role, including full benefits and possibility of extension.
Location: Hybrid (2 days on-site) in/near Madison, WI
- Document business requirements and business processes, anticipating requirements,
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws for health data and implement effective compliance programs and processes for projects.
- Recommend, develop, and implement data strategies to ensure timely and accurate data representation in operational systems and improve enterprise data management.
- Work closely with business areas to gather information from subject matter experts and communicate findings to cross-functional team members.
- Design and coordinate curriculum for training customers in the use of business intelligence tools and systems and develop standards, policies, and procedures for those tools and systems.
- Build analytics capacity to support COVID-19 and related data functions across the department and provide support for enterprise data analytics processes.
- Work independently to collect requirements, analyze data, and build data visualizations, participate in quality assurance testing, and suggest updates and enhancements for reporting data.
- Develop processes and procedures for ensuring reliability of information including data validity, accuracy, accessibility, and timeliness.
- Manage data, inquiries, and systems to ensure data validity, accuracy, and accessibility.
- Assist with incident tickets and service requests related to data tools (for example Tableau, R, SAS, MS SQL databases).
- Research and resolve technical problems related to software and ensure the use of BI applications enhances business decision-making capabilities.
- Monitoring and alerting for data applications and infrastructure, managing permissions, and defining usage policies and procedures.
- Defining best practices for working with the applications and systems, maintaining documentation, and managing software upgrades.
- Ability/experience to assist in the development of business data visualization processes
- Ability/experience to develop data visualization infrastructure including ETL tools
- Ability/experience to develop and implement Business Intelligence best practices
- 8-10 years of experience in a similar role
- Recommend, develop, and implement data strategies
- Training and/or experience working with data analysis techniques and tools to query and analyze data.
- Ability to work as an individual and as a member of a team
- Ability to organize and coordinate workload
- Ability to work independently to manage data, inquiries, and systems to ensure data validity, accuracy, and accessibility
- Familiarity with security frameworks such as NIST and CIS
- Project Management techniques
If you are interested, apply today!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.