Do you have strong written, technical writing and verbal skills, along with exceptional interpersonal skills? Do you work well in conjunction with multiple stakeholders and teams? Do you have a demonstrated high degree of initiative and ownership, proactively working to resolve issues? If so, this role may be for you!
As a Business Analyst (Life Sciences) you will drive the successful implementation of the product roadmap by steering the product development and adoption across teams. You will work directly with Life Science’s clients, Product Owners, internal and external project stakeholders and technical teams.
This is a contract-to-hire or direct hire role, including full benefits and the possibility of extension.
Location: Remote – Regional (Madison, WI)
- Analyze complex business problems and assess how automated systems can be leveraged to help solve them.
- Formulate and define the stakeholders’ objectives into a recommendation of potential solutions
- Receive the client’s market competitive advantages and disadvantages and what external pressures may apply from the project manager and work those into the overall solution design
- Conduct requirements-gathering sessions
- Organize requirements into feature-sets and prioritize them into ‘mandatory’ versus ‘desired’
- Convert requirements into stories
- Track requirement delivery
- Utilize rapid prototyping tools such as JustinMind, Adobe Suite, Sketch or Zephyr to facilitate development and maximize usability of application features
- Consult with technical team to understand which stories have architectural dependencies
- Document dependencies as tasks and execute prerequisites prior to dependent stories
- Support the project manager in creation of key client-facing deliverables
- Identify project risks and escalate to project manager from the product development point of view
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Life Sciences, Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent IT Business Analyst experience or related professional certifications (PMP-PBA certification, IIBA, etc.)
- 3+ years of direct experience working in a BA role developing scalable solutions
- Experience with screen mockups and building dynamic prototypes to mimic user click actions
- Knowledge in database and UI design and exposure to domain centric (Life Sciences) database systems and data retrieval workflows
- Ability to ensure solutions designs deliver desired ROI to clients and has measures to prove it
- Experience delivering IT solutions to meet client needs using data-driven practices and tools to measure progress and present desired ROI/value to clients
- Experience working with Waterfall and Agile Development Methodologies and understanding and flexibility to know when to use appropriate methodology or practices (Scrum, etc.)
- Knowledge of Life Sciences systems/software (LIMS – Laboratory Information Management Systems or related health care info systems)
If you are interested, please apply today!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.