Are you good at applying the principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems work to the specified requirements? Then this role may be for you!
As an AWS/Cloud Application Developer, you will provide technical leadership in the ongoing adoption and development of software engineering procedures, standards and methods. You will also provide appropriate documentation for design decisions, estimating assumptions, code modules, and performance metrics as required by organization standards
This is a Contract, including full benefits.
Location: Remote National
Application Development (45%)
- Analyzes high level system specifications, system requirements and/or use cases. Converts information into low level specifications and system design plan. Designs and develops moderate to complex software solutions in adherence with I/S standards, methodology and internal controls. Identifies and provides solution alternatives for the defined functional and system requirements when needed.
- Understands and identifies system dependencies. Understands functionality, integration points and impacts of proposed changes to supporting applications. Follows through with options and recommendations.
- Defines, conducts, and/or participates in testing (i.e. unit, system integration). Prepares, leads and/or participates in development walkthroughs.
- Collaborates with others regarding effectiveness of systems flow, data usage and manual or automated processes to verify requirements.
- Ensures software development meets standards for programming, design, performance, quality, and security. Identifies and recommends areas for improvement in planning, design, development, and testing.
- Assists in developing recommendations for future development, releases, and enhancements (technical implementations).
Maintenance & Support (35%)
- Provides second-level and third-level support. Troubleshoots problems with supported applications and ensures problems are resolved to client satisfaction. Escalates to senior-level when needed. Provides alternatives for solving identified system problems.
- Repairs, modifies, and develops additional functionality.
- Provides vendor system support.
- Follows and supports change management practices and internal controls standards. Communicates changes and impact to those affected. Assists less experienced technologists in all areas of maintenance and communication.
- Shares knowledge and information with others to resolve problems and build team knowledge.
- Creates and maintains service desk diagnostics and job aids for area of responsibility. Updates and/or reviews with those affected.
Technical Leadership (20%)
- Provides accurate estimates of object(s) size and work effort for software solutions to assigned specifications as an input to work planning. Assists less experienced technologists with estimation.
- Assists and holds others accountable for their commitments. Takes accountability for team deliverables and overall team success; manages own tasks.
- Recognizes and escalates quality, deadline, or deliverable issues within own work environment to team leads and/or management.
- Participates in systems analysis, general systems design, specification development for vendor contracts, and detailed systems design as needed based on expertise.
- Participates in knowledge sharing activities and technical conversations with peers to increase the overall knowledge of software development practices.
- Experience with AWS ECS, AWS Cloudformation, Reactjs, AWS Cloudwatch, Amazon Dynamodb, Java, and Nodejs
If you are interested, apply today!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action