As an Application Development Engineering Specialist, you will mainly support integrations with legacy systems and vendors integrating with Workday, other technical vendor management, client relationships management, and some project management.
This is a Contract through the end of next year (2023), including full benefits and possibility of extension
Location: Remote within the U.S.
- Provides expertise during the initial phases of the project including estimating resources, skill requirements, time requirements, identifying tools and technologies, participating in proof of concepts
- Analyzes high level system specifications, business requirements and/or use cases. Converts information into the appropriate level specifications and system design plan for the development team.
- Designs and develops complex software solutions in adherence with I/S standards, methodology and internal controls.
- Provides appropriate documentation for design decisions, estimating assumptions, code modules, and performance metrics as required by organization standards.
- Defines, conducts, mentors others, and/or participates in testing (i.e. unit, system integration). Prepares, leads and/or participates in development walkthroughs.
- Drives initiatives to adopt new processes and standards.
- Leads and/or participates in systems analysis, general systems design, specification development for vendor contracts, and detailed systems design as needed based on expertise.
- Provides technical leadership in the ongoing adoption and development of software engineering procedures, standards and methods.
- Makes recommendations and presentations to senior management regarding technical issues, technical investments, and strategic directions.
- Provides input for contingency and disaster recovery plans.
- Identifies enhancements to meet changing data requirements, usability, interfaces and future maintainability of software.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and understanding complex software/systems.
- Demonstrated experience communicating technical information.
- Demonstrated experience developing different solution-delivery and design approaches and solutions to customers.
- Demonstrated experience developing complex software/systems using one or more programming language.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and estimating project size and work efforts for software solutions.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical guidance and leadership to less experienced staff.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of software development and design standards and methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of infrastructure technologies, operating systems, and the interconnectivity between infrastructure platforms and software tools.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Solid knowledge and understanding of application architecture and design alternatives.
- Solid Knowledge and understanding of integration and migration strategies and technologies.
- Workday integration experience with Workday EIB, Workday Studio, Workday Cloud Connect/web services
- Experienced with Python, Java, Managed File Transfer
If you are interested, apply today!
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.