Application Development Engineer (10718)
Smart Solutions is searching for a Mid-Level Application Development Engineer for a remote contract-to-hire position based in Washington State. This developer is responsible for software design and development for simple to moderately complex business solutions, working independently or at the direction of more senior technologists. They also analyze system problems and recommends alternatives for resolution. The Application Developer Engineer recommends opportunities to improve system effectiveness and efficiency and works with RESTful microservices for internally built applications or vendor packaged applications. Smart Solutions offers a comprehensive benefits package, including the option for paid time off!
- Design and develop solutions to the level of quality defined by the requirements in adherence with I/S standards, methodology and internal controls. Identify and provide solution alternatives for the defined functional and system requirements when needed.
- Understand and identify system dependencies. Understand functionality, integration points and impacts of proposed changes to supporting applications. Follow through with options and recommendations.
- Provide appropriate documentation for design decisions, estimating assumptions, code modules, and performance metrics as required by organization standards.
- Define, conduct, and/or participate in testing (i.e. unit, system integration). Prepare, lead and/or participate in development walkthroughs.
- Collaborate with others regarding effectiveness of systems flow, data usage and manual or automated processes to verify requirements.
- Ensure software development meets standards for programming, design, performance, quality, and security. Identify and recommend areas for improvement in design, development, and testing.
- Participate in team activities and take on additional work tasks as needed to help the team accomplish the desired outcome or goals.
- Create, maintain, and/or enhance system documentation as needed.
- Provides second-level and third-level support. Troubleshoots problems with supported applications and ensures problems are resolved to client satisfaction. Escalates to senior-level when needed. Provides alternatives for solving identified system problems.
- Participates in systems analysis, general systems design, specification development for vendor contracts, and detailed systems design as needed based on expertise.
- 6+ years of Java experience
- 1-2 years of Spring experience
- Java Spring Boot microservices
- Ancillary AWS Services
- Software design and development
- RESTful microservices
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, please apply now, and one of our Senior Technical Recruiters will be in touch.
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.